GET YOUR HOME READY FOR WINTER
Winter days will be here before you know it. Here are some handy fall home maintenance tips that you can do now, while the weather is still mild.
FALL HOME MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST
- Do a Visual Inspection of the Roof
- Inspect Fireplace & Chimney
- Inspect Siding, Soffits, and Eaves
- Inspect & Clean Gutters
- Caulk and Seal Windows & Doors
- Change Your Indoor Ceiling Fan Settings for Winter
- Inspect & Test the Furnace
- Check Foundation for Cracks
- Apply Fall Fertilizer to Lawn
- Store Outdoor Furniture & BBQ
- Clean & Store Powered Lawn Equipment
- Store Hoses and Shut Off Water Spigots
- Inspect and Prepare Snow Removal Equipment
- Check Supports, Stairs, and Railings on Porches and Decks
- Inspect for Potential Wildlife Access
DON’T FORGET TO INSPECT YOUR ATTIC
Conduct an attic inspection, look for signs of moisture, mold, or vermin. Also be sure to the attic has sufficient ventilation and attic insulation.
ATTIC INSULATION UPGRADES
Many homes in Chicago and surrounding suburbs are insulated to outdated codes. Click here to learn more about attic insulation.
CALL ATTIC AIR FOR A FREE ATTIC ASSESSMENT
Not sure what to look for in your attic? Give us a call. We offer a free attic assessment. Call us at 630.830.3870