UPGRADING OR INSTALLING ATTIC INSULATION
Upgrading or installing attic insulation in your attic makes sense. In fact, a recent study conducted by Remodeling Magazine suggests that attic insulation may offer the greatest return on investment, compared to most other household upgrades. Click here to read the study.
CELLULOSE VS. FIBERGLASS?
As you consider attic insulation, you may be wondering which type of insulation is best. The most common options are fiberglass and cellulose.
WHAT IS CELLULOSE INSULATION?
Cellulose insulation is composed of 75-85% recycled paper fiber, usually post-consumer waste newsprint. The other 15 percent is a fire retardant such as Boric Acid or Ammonium Sulfate.
Cellulose does a great job of insulating, provided you have a tight attic where no moisture condensation can settle on the cellulose. Click here to read an important article about the dangers of moisture and cellulose.
WHAT IS FIBERGLASS INSULATION?
Fiberglass Insulation is composed of 70% recycled post-consumer glass, sand, and other materials that are melted down and spun into very thin fibers that are then packaged into rolls, loose fill, or batts. According to some estimates, fiberglass insulation conserves 12 times as much energy as is lost in its production, and it may reduce residential energy costs by up to 40%.
A SIDE BY SIDE COMPARISON
There are several important performance considerations to consider when comparing these two options. One way to decide is to view a side by side comparison. Click here to view the comparison.
WE INSTALL FIBERGLASS INSULATION
Attic Air offer Owens Corning Pro Pink Fiberglass insulation. Fiberglass insulation is used in over 90 percent of US homes with decades of proven performance and a very solid safety record.
LOOKING FOR AN INSULATION QUOTE?
Call us today for great pricing on your insulation project!