GETTING KIDS BACK TO SCHOOL
For parents, getting kids back to school is often a project that can consume you for weeks. Once you have fulfilled the supply list, loaded up their drawers with back to school garb, and gotten them through the first week….you may finally take a breather!
BACK TO SCHOOL = LOWER ELECTRIC BILLS
You may also enjoy a happy surprise – a reduced electric bill! Not too long ago summer meant fun in the sun, riding bikes around the neighborhood with friends, or playing in the backyard.
KIDS TODAY ARE DIFFERENT
Today kids binge watch television shows, play online games for hours on end. They are constantly connected to the internet – chatting,snapping, and sharing selfies…all the while cranking up that electric bill. And since they are spending much more time indoors, likely you run your air conditioner longer, pushing that summer electric bill even higher!
KIDS CAN HELP KEEP COSTS DOWN
There are several ways kids can help reduce your energy consumption.
- Get them outside more! (too obvious, but we had to include it – we know this is often easier said than done)
- Only allow them one plugged in device at a time
- Use power strips that can easily turn off all devices at once (plug all chargers into this strip)
- Select electronic devices that are Energy Star approved
- Change light bulbs in their room, play, and study areas to long lasting, energy efficient LED bulbs
GET YOUR HOME READY FOR FALL
Looking for ways to cut your utility costs year round? Call us for today! 630.830.3870